Monday 14 November 2011

Handmade Monday

Handmade Monday is the perfect excuse to show you my cupcakes. Or some of them, anyway. I made 70 at the weekend for the children's School fund-raising event.
I overheard the organiser asking about somebody else's cakes, due to arrive at the same time, 'Are they professional ones as well?'
It's only a hobby, but that was a nice compliment.  Anyway, they all sold within minutes.

A few of my cupcake tips:

  • Weigh the eggs with their shells on, and use the same weight of SR flour, sugar and margarine/butter. 
  • Use half butter, half margarine for the buttercream, and 3 parts icing sugar to 2 parts butter/marg.  This keeps it buttery, but fluffy. 
  • Use a Wilton 1M nozzle for the piping. It's the best. 
  • Don't give them all away. 

10 comments:

  1. They look heavenly I'm not surprised they were so well received. I love the individual little cases too, never seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet again, I was at the back of the queue and missed out... they look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely and thanks for the tips.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious, well done on the compliment always means so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look delicious much nice than the toast I'm eating while browsing all the posts from Handmade Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - they look scrumptious! Now you're making me peckish...
    Maybe you should think about turning your hobby into a little sideline! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very useful tips, thanks. Just wish I had one now to go with my coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm, they look very more-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL don't give them all away! Beautiful! I actually think I'm going to make cupcakes to thank my neighbor for her wonderful advice on a roofer and carpet cleaner for our house disaster recently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well yours certainly look very professional!

    ReplyDelete